Isis and Christianity (part 6)

"There are however, indications that the birth of the Messiah without sexual intercourse
originated not in Rome but in Ancient Egypt.  Isis is said to have conceived her son Horus
by using the phallus of Osiris, her  brother and husband, after his death and dismember-
ment.  This posthumous sequence of events  is illustrated on the walls of the Osiris tem-
ple at Abydos, in Upper Egypt.

A later development of the legend rid it of its physical connotations and related the
pregnancy of Isis to a cosmic force.  Spell 148 of the Coffin texts, which is concerned with the announcement to Isis that she is pregnant with Horus, has been interpreted as: 'The crocodile star (MeSSeH) strikes...Isis wakes pregnant with the seed of her brother Osiris.'
(Journal of Egyptian Archaeology, vol.56, 1970, pp. 194-5)"

"The House of  the Messiah" A. Osman

6 Comments to Isis and Christianity (part 6):

more information on Saturday, April 12, 2014 10:36 PM
All spiritual paths are respected and valued in The Grail Community including those of other faiths and Christian denominations. Inter-religious understanding and tolerance is promoted and encouraged.

essaymama.com review on Tuesday, August 21, 2018 2:18 AM
While doing my ukessay I find this website very helpful. It is very much detailed in providing information about various things. Good job!

thatsnotinmygeographybook.com on Tuesday, December 25, 2018 9:05 AM
O great. Now I am not worried at all as I have got enough dissertation related content. My blog friend referred this link to me. Thanks for sharing this.

ghanecc.com on Saturday, December 29, 2018 6:50 AM
Well I won't be able to give any comment on this post yet.As it is very sensitive matter and without research I don't want to get into this all.Thanks for sharing this post.

John on Wednesday, June 10, 2020 4:32 AM
Your blog is very interesting and amazing. I really impressed with your work. I want more similar topics about this post to increase our knowledge. Thanks for sharing and keep sharing. Our great selection of grass mats

Gregory Holmes on Wednesday, June 17, 2020 7:07 AM
I have read your post and have collected lots of information on it which is very new to me I am sure yours too. So please keep posting here. I am working for Carolina Demolition Services company which provides complete demolition services after property damage and during reconstruction. We handle demolition projects after a fire or water damage has occurred and during structural remodels and additions.