The Legacy of Thoth in the West (part 3)

"...in the 3rd century AD, the Greeks adopted Thoth, giving him the name of Hermes, and describing him as 'Trismegistus' - Thrice-greatest.

As Thoth was the teacher of speech and writing, it was natural that the Greeks made him the father of Homer, their greatest poet.  Heliodorus indicated that Homer was the son of Hermes and an Egyptian priest's daughter, and little by little was forged the concept which stated that Egypt was the source of wisdom and knowledge.

With the conquest of Egypt by Alexander the Great in 333 BC, the assimilation of Egypt-
ian culture by the Greek world was accelerated.  The focus of this activity occured in the city of Alexandria, founded in 331 BC...Alexandria was also the crucible where Greco-Egyptian alchemy flourished.

The city gave birth to a new science in the form of alchemy, a continuation of ancient
Egyptian practices...Its originality consisted of offering a concrete and universal
discipline free from the grasp of religion.  Hermes Trismegistus, represented by Alexandrian alchemists as being the founder of this art, became the new transmitter of the ancient tradition...Three centuries before the Christian era, texts which are now called the "Hermetica' - because their authorship is attributed to Hermes, began to take shape.  Among its variously attributed 42, or 20,000, or 36,525 books is the 'Asclepius', an important text as it describes the religion of the Egyptians and the magical rites they practiced for attracting cosmic powers meant to animate the statues of the gods.  Finally, the fragments of 'Stobaeus' ...are composed of 39 texts and consist of dialogues between Isis and Horus regarding the creation of the world and the origin of souls...

In 30 BC, Alexandria became the capital of the Roman province of Egypt.  The Romans assimilated the Greco-Egyptian Hermes with Mercury, their god of commerce and travelers.  Mercury-Hermes was the messenger of the gods, the conductor or guide of souls.  Rome rapidly adopted Egypt and its cults."

"Rosicrucian History and Mysteries"  Christian Rebisse

19 Comments to The Legacy of Thoth in the West (part 3):

loemrntdherid1 on Monday, July 30, 2018 10:57 PM
Please keep it up!

anonymous on Saturday, August 18, 2018 9:46 AM
good one

toptenwritingservices on Sunday, November 11, 2018 2:02 AM
This part is really interesting here they had mentioned about the use of Thoth legacy as well. Many of few people just aware from it and now this information is getting growth day by day. I don’t have expertise about the use of legacy before but after reading this article get some idea even new ideas for my experiences.

writing reviews on Friday, November 23, 2018 3:32 AM
We are some way or another mindful with the distinction between verbal or non verbal actualities. As non verbal are the actualities in which we may utilize a few motions and body structures to characterize the genuine mean of what we need to convey to other people. The general things here are really impressive..!!

do my assignment services on Friday, December 7, 2018 2:46 AM
It was all for the legacy of Thoth in the west point that was all available on this it was good to get all these. I have to get all on this that was available through the friction of this I follow this blog so I can get daily updates.

789 on Monday, December 17, 2018 11:50 PM
879

v on Monday, January 6, 2020 12:49 AM
v

Gayle on Wednesday, January 8, 2020 8:16 AM
just aware from it and now this information is getting growth day by day. I don’t have expertise about the use of legacy before but after reading this article get some idea even new ideas for my experiences.download kodi 16.1 apk

Michael on Thursday, January 9, 2020 4:25 AM
I don’t have expertise about the use of legacy before but after reading this article get some idea even new ideas for my experiences.kissmanga

Hoi quan phi dung on Thursday, January 9, 2020 7:14 AM
"We are the best provider any kind of It work and any kid of related to IT work So fell free to connect Us... Thanks

jav lib on Thursday, January 9, 2020 7:14 AM
Any kind of work Related to It or electronic and much more to Bet work in Your area We are the best and Your the best for US Thanks

Martin on Thursday, January 23, 2020 3:17 AM
t and now this information is getting growth day by day. I don’t have expertise about the use of legacy before but after reading coolroms

Wilson on Thursday, January 23, 2020 7:29 AM
I don’t have expertise about the use of legacy before but after reading this article get some idea even new ideas for my experiences dominique capraro - Lyemium

https://www.resumeshelpservice.com/myperfectresume-com-review/ on Thursday, February 27, 2020 7:23 AM
As Thoth was the teacher of speech and writing, it was natural that the Greeks made him the father of Homer, their greatest poet. Heliodorus indicated that Homer was the son of Hermes and an Egyptian priest's daughter, and little by little was forged the concept which stated that Egypt was the source of wisdom and knowledge. I've searched for it for I don't know what the blog was all about and the name Thoth is the very first time for me to hear it. It covers the wisdom and knowledge, as I pray to God I always asked for his guidance and also for the knowledge, wisdom, and understanding that he gave me for my daily life. To the Western part of the world, I have no idea of what's happening right there but I am updated for the crisis that the people are facing in the present times. The knowledge is the understanding of the facts of the given situations, on the other hand, the wisdome is on how to apply the knowledge that you have learned from the outcomes of that situation. It is merely understandable that the blogger wants the readers to searched and discover other studies or novels that may have a moral to the readers.

welson on Tuesday, March 17, 2020 5:49 AM
We are some way or another mindful with the distinction between verbal or non verbal actualities. As non verbal are the actualities in which we may utilize a few motions and body structures audiobook torrents

Bruc Bond on Wednesday, March 18, 2020 9:40 AM
FinTech boost connection directly with consumers via the launch of Crowdfunding Platforms. It allows local business, entrepreneurs, artists and charities to obtain assistance without elevating money from traditional investors. Bruc Bond endeavor to lead the financial sector with sustainability, customizable product offering, and open communication. At Bruc Bond we aim to make 21st century banking straightforward, simple, and transparent.

jeff Doolittle on Wednesday, April 15, 2020 2:36 AM
I will definitely remember to bookmark your blog and will eventually come back from now on.

Nike Shoes on Wednesday, June 10, 2020 9:21 AM