Indian (Vedic) mysogyny (part 1)

While acknowledging glaring exceptions among individual women, the Indian subcontin-
ent - Pakistan, Afghanistan, India - seems to be the worst place on the planet to be born
female, in terms of being a generalized class of people.  My focus here will be primarily
on India, and on what role pre-Islamic religious tradition may have played in their treat-
ment (the Islamic branch of hatred towards women, so apparent in Afghanistan and Pak-
istan today, can only be traced to the 7th c. AD, by which time a milder form seems to
have already been established in the subcontinent).

Indian women face higher mortality; poorer nutrition; lower literacy; lower life expec-
tancy; and declining sex-ratios (due to, 'euphemistically', a preference for boys).  This is over and above the issue of violence and rape.  In addition to being fraught with controversy,
due to the longevity of Indian history, competing analyses of texts, my own biases and ignorance, it is a problematic subject.   To be fair, the Catholic church will never acknowledge 'the Goddess', or the supremacy given Mary by Jesus over all the disciples.  They tried in vain, as well, to erase the cult of the black Madonna/Isis as it spread from the south of France, throughout Europe, into England.  Moreover, both the current and former pope have cracked down, with a medieval mindset, on the largest umbrella group of American nuns, who were calling for a more enlightened Catholic church.  Nevertheless, 'kitchen fires', and acid attacks, are not generally resorted to by Christian men.   African women are brutalized as we speak, with the Congo, especially,
being the rape capital of the
world, however, in my opinion, this is a 30 year old, not an ancient, phenomenon. Centuries before Christanity, and Judaism, however, a patriarchal subcontinent seemed to have cemented in place a disdain for women, and this in spite of the reverence given to female deities.

(With sufficient disclaimers, hopefully), "The Vedas continue to guide the thinking of In-
dians  in a profound way, with rural areas caught up in age-old traditions and practices
which suppress women."  ("Women in India" - Sita Anantha Raman)

21 Comments to Indian (Vedic) mysogyny (part 1):

asler on Wednesday, May 9, 2018 8:27 AM
Good post

anonymous on Tuesday, August 7, 2018 6:33 AM
gddddddd

buy dissertations online on Friday, August 10, 2018 6:36 AM
India or let's say subcontinent is still in the age of dark in most states of the content. the scornful and loathsome attitude women bare is not really hidden from the world now. I wish we can grant them the respect they deserve ultimately.

anonymous on Monday, August 13, 2018 1:39 AM
good one

hipaa compliancy reno nv on Saturday, September 15, 2018 3:29 AM
China is progressing steadily and I want you to share some blogs for my as well.I hope your content can help me a lot.Thanks a lot.

Godaddy SSL certificate on Monday, October 29, 2018 2:34 AM
Amazing informative blog. Thanks for sharing i really like to read this amazing blog post. keep doing a great work.

homework for me on Tuesday, January 22, 2019 5:46 AM
It's been long people have almost forgotten about there limits and because of poverty and religious tradition, Asian country including Indian women face higher mortality. anyway, this is the really motivational post, Thanks for the nice sharing..

australianreviewer.com on Tuesday, February 5, 2019 11:52 AM
You have presented the introduction and all the details in a really good manner. I appreciate your efforts. I liked the entire discussion. best of luck

how to get free robux on Monday, May 6, 2019 3:28 AM
advantage of Robux's hack is that it gives the user high prices he needs to face during the real game.

xbox gift codes on Tuesday, June 11, 2019 3:26 AM
Do not fall into the status of the survey because xbox will automatically reject your time.

ali on Thursday, February 13, 2020 3:21 PM
nice

reupholstery in canada on Thursday, February 13, 2020 3:23 PM
Wonderful makeup techniques i must say. I totally agree with the thing that behind the scenes there is a lot of effort to bring a wonderful show for the audience.

Anonymous on Wednesday, March 18, 2020 10:33 AM
It is really good to read such a nice writing. I have searched couple of days and found some interesting writing on it. But it is the best of all. Thanks for writing this. I really appreciate your writing. thawing tray need of every kitchen

Sebastian on Thursday, March 19, 2020 8:27 AM
Your blog is very effective and valuable. I really like it very much. I hope you will soon share your next post about this discussion. Thanks for sharing and keep sharing. Buy organization management software

Anonymous on Wednesday, March 25, 2020 9:34 PM
You have made a great website which i like visiting.I have gone through the website reading content, keep sharing more similar stuff. rubber flooring from UK best company

Anonymous on Wednesday, March 25, 2020 9:47 PM
You have made a great post with its informative content about interior. you have shared with everyone. I am hoping the same best work from you in the future as well. gym flooring

David Brian on Thursday, March 26, 2020 4:23 AM
Thanks for taking the time to discuss this. I feel about it and love learning more on this topic. your blog with more information. It is extremely helpful for me.Visit Rubbergymmats.co.uk

Anonymous on Thursday, April 2, 2020 9:47 AM
I am impressed by your post. It contains very informative data and i gain a lot information from it. It is very useful for me. Thanks for sharing and keep on sharing that type of posts. seo services

hannah on Monday, April 13, 2020 11:11 AM
I have visited the link you have shared through your post.Its so informational. Thank you so much for sharing this content with us. I would like to get more interesting stuff from you. i provide te service of watching free movies tv shows with the alternative of 123 movies for watching and spend good time come to us by just one click https://trueclassics.net/123movies/

disco dance floor on Monday, July 6, 2020 3:29 PM
thanks for the tips and information..i appreciate it..

leather jacket black on Wednesday, July 22, 2020 7:21 AM
Very useful post. It is the first time for me to visit here. Chaneil Kular Leather Jacket . I like visiting this type of blogs.